Monday, August 23, 2010

Pumpkin Palooza!

by Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio

My September/October 2010 issue of Cloth, Paper, Scissors arrived on Friday. I always look forward to receiving this magazine in the mail, but this month was really special for me, because I have an article in this issue: Paper or Plaster? A Plastic Pumpkin Makeover.


The articles details my technique for repurposing those little plastic halloween jack-o-lanterns that kids bring home from parties, as well as the big ones that they carry while trick-or-treating. (The photos in the article are much nicer than these.)

I spent a lot of time during last year's snowstorms working on these guys. They were all over my house. I had to remember to explain to visitors why my house was full of Halloween decorations! (There's nothing like a little creative anachronism to make the neighbors think you've lost your mind.)

If you'd like to make some of these with me, I'll be teaching a workshop on October 23, 2010 at Artistic Artifacts  in Alexandria,Virginia. Details coming soon.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is a fabulous article and congrats on having the little guyspeek at us from the Cover!! You are a STAR!!!!
It will be great to have you join us teachers at Artistic Artifacts as well!!!!
Whhooooooo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Suepup said...

I agree the article was awesome. I was looking through my old magazines yesterday and came across your pumpkins again. I think I will give the project a try!

CraftyGirl said...

cute pumpkins