Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Paper Mosaic Necklaces in GreenCraft Magazine

by Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio
 
The February 2013 Issue of GreenCraft Magazine will be in stores February 1. My paper mosaic necklaces are one of the projects featured  (page 64).


The project features recycled milk caps, lace, and magazine pages.


The paisley piece, below, is the first one that I did. I wanted to create the look of a vintage micro-mosaic piece. I have a small collection of micromosaic pins, but I don't often wear pins, so I was looking for a modern alternative.

In other news, the office cleanup and organization continues. I'm very happy with the progress I've made so far, but I want to get it finished, so I can go back to spending time creating!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already have the magazine and fell in love with these right off the bat. My plastic milk jugs have the hard plastic caps. Where do you find bezels like that? I looked over the weekend but only found ones which did not have a rim. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Congrat's Leslie, these are so clever. =D

Leslie Brier, Brier Design Studio said...

Anonymous, you can use the hard plastic caps,too. Just make sure you get very close to the rim. The Paisley shaped bezel came from Hobby Lobby.You can order online from them. The other floral bezel came from a local bead shop. I hope you enjoy the project!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips. I can't wait to try these. So pretty and a great use of pretty papers I can't bear to throw away. I look at a lot of blogs, but I am making this one a favorite for sure!

lena said...

I just bought this magazine because of your project! Absolutely amazing.

Unknown said...

Looks lovely and I'd like to try the project. When you say milk bottle caps, do you mean the caps from glass milk bottles? Or gallon-size plastic jugs or the plastic screw-off cap to pour milk or juice from half-gallon cartons?
Thank you!
Elaine