Thursday, January 10, 2013

Second Half of the Twelve Days of Christmas Swap

I just took my little tree down, and enjoyed every one of these all over again. Here is a peek at the days you haven't seen yet.

Day 6 was this sweet fabric ornament by Martha Brown. It has lots of white-on-white layers. The photo doesn't do it justice!

Day 7 was this wonderful Jello Jane created by Janet Moss.Her neck is a bobbin with thread on it, and her skirt is a vintage jello mold. I love those vintage molds!
 
Terry Pitzel created this mixed media ornament. Lots and lots of layers of paper plus fibers and buttons and it all goes together seamlessly. You can see more of Terry's artwork at: http://theravenswhim.blogspot.com/
 
This gorgeous poinsettia ornament was created by Melissa Terlizzi.
There is so much detail in the veining of the leaves, and the leaves are as thin and delicate as an actual poinsettia. So beautiful. She is an Artful Dimensions artist. Hop on over and see the new, wonderful, big-haired ladies she has created!
 
It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Linda Morgan's work. Once again this year, her piece blew me away. I just love the way everything comes together in this piece. You can see more of her work here: http://purplecatcards.blogspot.com/
This ornament came from our group coordinator, Elizabeth Woodford. This ornament is created on a tiny canvas.
I had to show you the back, too. It's wonderful every way you look at it. Elizabeth is an Artful Dimensions artist and has a blog as well. Her blog is: elizabethcreates.blogspot.com.
Sadly all good things must come to an end. This swap has a happy ending, though! This delightful box was created by Fredericksburg painter Nancy Williams. She has a unique style of brushwork, and I'm so happy to own one of her pieces.  My little tree of handmade ornaments was so lovely this year. I can't wait to see what next year brings!
 
 

No comments: