Monday, October 28, 2013

Owl Assemblage

Last week, we a Virginia Artists meeting for the first time in several months. We've been together for quite a few years, and it was so good to see everyone and catch up. Each of us made an owl assemblage during the meeting.



I had the song "Royals" by Lorde stuck in my head, so my owl turned out to be a bit regal. The face is a prize ribbon, the eyes are earrings, the neck piece is a resin pendant, and the body is an oblong wooden bowl that I found at Goodwill. As usual, I can't make just one. I'm already working on an idea for my second owl.

2 comments:

Cathie Carroll said...

Great use of the ribbon, very creative. He's altogether beautiful.

Have you seen the Postmodern Jukebox version of Royals? I've become a little obsessed with it.
http://www.postmodernjukebox.com/watch-postmodern-jukebox-videos/



Anonymous said...

That is super cute! I've been working with rosettes and yesterday I was obsessed with Royals! This is a great project idea. Thanks for posting it.