Monday, August 18, 2014

Art & Soul Portland and Kansas City

Greetings!
It's almost time for the Art & Soul Retreat in Virginia Beach! I've been posting on my facebook page, but neglecting my blog. Portland and Kansas City were so much fun. The atmosphere is so welcoming and creative that I always return home energized and ready to work on all sorts of new things. And my students were fantastic!


This was a fantastic piece from the camera-bots class. See the nest inside the flash? It's so you can keep your eye on the birdie!

This is a work in progress from the Kansas City Santos class.

More fabulous Kansas City Work!

This student had never done assemblage before. The detail in this piece is incredible and beautiful.

 This is a tribute to Frieda Kahlo from Portland. I love the little houses inside.

I learn at least as much from my students as they do from me. It's so much fun to see how they take the class concepts and put their own unique spin on it.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

These pieces are stunning!! the true mark of a great teacher!! I do ALWAYS come away from teaching with so much more than I feel that I have given the students!! the Santos with the little houses is amazing!! Love the Camera bot too!! very very clever!!